For Physicians, Paramedic, Nurse and RT
Overview of the course
- Made easy to have the clarity picture of vent modes and settings.
- Learn principle and advanced Vent Management.
- Understand the key concepts for Pressure and volume control with simple and straight steps
- Overview of Mechanical Ventilation
- Respiratory Terminology and Ventilator essentials
- Managing the ventilator on complicated patient
- Suggested strategies for mechanical ventilation for specific lung disease
Mr. Michael Schauf, RRT-NPS
- Registered respiratory therapist at Albany Medical Center Hospital in New York since 1994.
- He covers all in-patient units, ICUs, the adult and pediatric Emergency Departments
- Member of the neonatal/pediatric transport team at this Level I Trauma and Level 3 NICU Center.
- Founder of Vent-Pro Training, teaching medics and nurses around the world how to manage mechanically ventilated patients during ground, rotor, and fixed-wing transports.
- A flight respiratory therapist since 1998
- Currently working for AirMed and as a clinical education specialist for AMR.
- Michael authored the respiratory chapter of, “Critical Care Transport, 2nd edition,” published by Jones & Bartlett and is an adjunct instructor in the Respiratory Care Program at Hudson Valley Community College.